Saturday, November 10, 2007

I'm just being a mule about it

I’ve been thinking a lot about how honest is too honest, or is there even such a thing as too honest. What types of things are good to share and what you should keep to yourself or between you and another person, or just between you and God.

In our society the ideas of - Be whoever you are, Do whatever you want, There is no right or wrong and Anything is acceptable - are so prevalent.

Things get very cloudy even when I think they are clear. Because of choices I make, sometimes I am vulnerable to delusions, misunderstandings and misinterpretations. Lately I'm aware I’ve been trying to rationalize my choices. I think because over the long term rationalized choices become habits which are much harder to change, so it’s easier to continue to rationalize.

I read this on http://www.gotquestions.org/ and found it to be very insightful.
Sometimes a good test for whether something is a sin or not is whether you would be proud to tell others what you had just done. If it is something you would be embarrassed or ashamed about if others found out, it is very likely that it is a sin. Another good test is to determine whether we can honestly, in good conscience, ask God to bless and use the particular activity for His own good purposes.
I must always use God as my guide and the bible as my instruction manual. I think that God HAS BEEN speaking and I haven’t been listening. God IS working in my life to change me. I'm just being a mule about it.

My Aunt Lisa sent me a link to an article about spending ½ day with god every month it’s really interesting, actually the whole site is interesting.
– check it: http://startingwithgod.com/articles/halfday.htm

Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you.
Psalm 32:9

No comments: