Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I am THANKFUL

Today has been a great day!. Not because the day was great but because I had my art class last night and it was so much fun! It was a stress reliever, I was happy with what I painted and someone actually said they might want to buy it. Yikes! That was a weird feeling. But the best thing is I had a break through, I found excitement. I’ve been trying to paint for so long and in my opinion not really getting the hang of it. I always thought I had to paint a picture of an actual “thing” and I had to use a "brush". Now I'm learning it's about color, shapes, texture and glazing. I can paint with anything, even my fingers ;) and it doesn't have to be a picture of anything. I have all kinds of ideas swirling in my head.

I am THANKFUL to have found something that gives me joy.

I want this to be something that is an apparent change in me that draws others closer to God and or at least makes them think about God.

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.
Psalm 28:7

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That's fantastic! I was so excited to read about your art class! And you already have an interested buyer for one of your paintings! WOW! Take pictures of your work, and send them to me!

The joy inside of you is so full - it even oozed out of your blog entry!<: Thanks for passing it on!<:
Love you!